The IDP course from UKISA was developed from the ice skating and skiing instructor instructor qualification courses as there is a strong correlation in skills between these three sports. It is supported by high quality resources and taught by examiners with at least 10 years experience of delivering course content.
IDP 1 - Instructor Development Programme Level 1 - Teach beginner to intermediate level skaters
IDP 2 - Instructor Development Programme Level 2 - Teach intermediate to advanced level skaters
IDP1 is a largely practical course delivered mostly outdoors and designed to teach beginner level skaters. It is also the only course that qualifies skaters to teach the Earn Your Stripes kids skating programme.
- Increase your marketability, allowing you to work in parks and sports centres
- Improve your professional public profile
- Open more doors to work with youth groups and schools.
- Enable you to command higher rates*
We think opinions from previous courses attendees provide the best feedback
" My skating improved more in two days than it did in the past two years despite skating every week"
" The best advice I could give to someone planning on doing this course is learn the theory in the workbook in advance of the course weekend and work on advanced skills. Then use the weekend to concentrate on teaching skills"
" I must admit I was not a fan of the theory - it was too technical in my opinion. However, i did learn a lot of new teaching skills despite teaching skating at a skating club for over 10 years"
"Great fun. The teaching model used in the course can be used to teach pretty much any sport. I've used it to teach my nephew how to use his penny board!"
- IDP1 followed by IDP 2: Monday 23 to 26 January, Birmingham
IDP1: Saturday 26 to Sunday 27 August 2016: Central London
Additional courses and locations will be
announced when available. If you would like to be added to our waiting list for
future courses, please send your full name, contact details and postcode to firstname.lastname@example.org
The instructor course prepares you to
teach absolute beginner level skaters to intermediate (IDP 1) or advanced level (IDP 2). In addition it is the only course that licenses you to teach the Earn Your Stripes skating programme
Your course fee includes:
- Examination fee.
- Two-day training from examiners with min. 10 years experience delivering this programme.
- Small class size: a maximum of eight skaters per examiner.
- Workbooks that can be used in real world teaching environments.
- 12 months UKISA license with access to discounted teaching insurance.
- Individual further training / teaching recommendations.
The course contains three methods of testing;
- Skating skills ( teaching / advanced technique)
- Written test, mainly multiple choice
- Teaching examination.
- Introduction to the International Standard of Inline Skating.
- Risk assessment of venues and environments
- Lesson planning and modification
- Motivating students in a lesson
- Group v's individual teaching dynamics
- Professional v Fun skew in lessons
- One to one feedback from experienced examiner
- You are at least 16 years of age.
- You are a regular skater,
who is confident gliding, stopping and turning at speed.
- You have skates with a heel brake as well as a helmet, wrist, knee and elbow pads.
To register for the next course please contact us with the following
1. Full name
3. Contact telephone number
4. Dates of the course you wish to attend
5. Why would you like to do the course? (min 200 words)
6. Preferred payment method
a) Paypal / Credit / Debit card (£15 charge)
b) Bank transfer (Free)
*Since 2002 UKISA instructors have commanded among the highest rates in the industry for their instructional services when compared with those not holding a UKISA qualification.